The Importance of Protecting Your Intellectual Property – An Introduction to IP (Penrith)
Friday, Jun 28, 2019
10:00am – 12:00pm
Part I – What is Intellectual Property?
- Types of IP – Trade marks, designs, patents, copyright, domain names.
- The power of IP and the importance of protecting your IP for your business.
Part II – Branding
- Registering and protecting your brand in Australia.
- Registering and protecting your brand overseas.
Part III – Framework
- The importance of a legal framework for a new and existing business.
Presenter: Michelle Gorton
Client focused. Passionate. World class. Michelle Gorton does not rest until the interests of her clients are protected. She has a career in Intellectual Property Law spanning over 20 years and has experience in top tier firms in Sydney and New York. With this experience, Michelle is able to combine the best of big firm and global experience with attentive and timely service.
As a firm, Gorton IP offers full service Intellectual Property and Commercial Law, as well as a strong focus on start-up innovation and growth of businesses for scale-ups. The firm works closely with business hubs around Australia to provide Intellectual Property support to empower, educate and assist start-ups and scale-ups to achieve their business goals.
Business Connect Flyer
Business Connect is dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start and grow your small business.
Event LocationWestern Sydney Business Centre, Suite 1, Level 1, 111 Henry Street
Penrith, New South Wales, 2750