Article written by Graham Fitzpatrick, Business Advisor, Western Sydney Business Centre.
It’s Sales Season Time! Sales Season is of the only times of the year that sees shoppers willing to spend money without to much thought and without feeling guilty about how much money they spend. This year should prove to be no different despite the pandemic.
In fact, this year could prove to be the best sales season yet. Yes, this year has been bad for everyone. But think about this, we have not been able to go on our annual holiday adventures. We have not been able to go out to restaurants and clubs like we use to. We have not been going to go to shows and concerts and do all those other fun things we would normally be able to do that cost money. Many of us are cashed up and ready to buy during the Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year Sales.
Another thing to think about is that we have all been separated from our family and friends this year. So, we will be looking for gifts that show how much these people mean to us through the gift of gift giving.
As a marketer and sales professional I love sales season. So here some tips to help you achieve a great results and finish 2020 on a high note.
- Help customers make Christmas Shopping easy. Come up with creative gift ideas that help make the buying decision process easy.
- Secure your supply chains and look at your pricing. Some items will be in short supply this year meaning costs have increased. Adjust your pricing in accordance to your costs.
- When running sales don’t use percentage discounts.” Save up 75% instore” means nothing. Show price savings in real dollar amounts.
- For E-Commerce businesses, look at your delivery methods. Australia Posts parcel service is flat out right now. Imagine what it is going to be like as we get closer to Christmas day.
- When you advertise, tell a story and be engaging
And finally, as an old boss of mine use to say all the time……….” sell, sell, sell.”