John lives in Emu Plains and has lived in the Penrith / Lower Blue Mountains area all his life. John has been with the centre since July 1992 and was previously a Bank Manager for the Westpac Banking Corporation for 20 years. In addition to many years in business, he holds a Diploma of Advanced Business Facilitation.
John is a Justice of the Peace and is a member/director of the following organisations:
– Chair of BEC Australia
– Member Penrith City Council’s Floodplain Risk Management Committee.
– Foundation Member & Past Chair of Business & Enterprise Facilitators.
– Past Vice President, Treasurer & New South Wales representative National NEIS Association.
– Past Board Member of Business Innovation & Incubation Australia Inc.
– Member of Penrith Valley Chamber of Commerce, Biznet Regional Chamber of Commerce & Hawkesbury City Chamber of Commerce.
– Member of the Institute of Managers and Leaders
– Past Director of Football and President Blacktown Spartans Football Club Inc.
– Past Director Biznet Regional Chamber of Commerce
– Past Director of Penrith Valley Economic Development Corporation (now Penrith Business Alliance)
– Past Director of Nepean Skillshare
– Past chairperson for the BEC Central Regions Group.
– Past board member & founding member of Penrith Nepean United Soccer Club.
– Past committee member of Nepean District Soccer Football Association Inc.