You may have already heard of Clubhouse by now, no matter how much you wish to join, you simply cannot.
The reason being is the new social media channel has built its foundation, in part, on exclusivity. You need to have an invite to get in. Though that might soon change.
Clubhouse is an audio-based social media app. It is a voice-chatting platform that allows users to chat in real time, collaborate, share stories, meet people, and bounce ideas off each other. Remember MSN chat rooms?
Just like the concept of an actual clubhouse, you can jump in and out of different chatrooms with different subjects. It is akin to a live, free-flowing podcast where you can simply listen or choose to throw in your thoughts. The social media app mimics real-life interactions.
Another unique thing about this app is that the audio does not leave the app. No recording or saving of conversations, just like when you are chatting with an actual person.
How Business Owners and Marketers Can Use the Clubhouse App
Clubhouse’ massive increase in usage has attracted the attention of business owners and marketers ever since the app was released in March 2020. The number of users jumped to two million in January 2021 from only 600,000 in December 2020. This growth points to high probability of the platform becoming another popular social media channel, such as Facebook and Twitter.
But how can brands use the platform to promote?
- Community-building for influencers, coaches, and trainers – Once the platform opens up to the public, it can become a great place to engage and connect with your community.
- Community-building for virtual events – Clubhouse offers an intimate and exclusive community for virtual and even in-person events.
- Curating content for content creators – Recording conversations in Clubhouse rooms is prohibited, but you can start a new room for curating content. You can use the room to ask questions, get opinions, interview other members, grab tidbits, and tips that you can put together for your articles.
- Collaboration for projects and networks – It is a great place to start a private chat regarding networking or collaboration opportunities.
- Networking with other experts – Clubhouse makes it possible for users to learn from experts, share a stage with them, ask a direct question, and even receive a response in real time.
How to Join Clubhouse
Right now, the platform is invite-only. However, the developers are planning to expand to the general public soon. If you are an iPhone user, you can download the app and reserve your username, so you get everything ready when the app becomes public.