Article Written by Katina Jaye Beveridge, ASBAS Advisor, Western Sydney Business Centre.
LinkedIn may not be the biggest nor most popular social media platform in Australia today, however it is a must-have for all businesses.
LinkedIn can be an effective tool for brand building and lead generation in both B2B and B2C digital marketing.
A well-optimised LinkedIn Company Page provides a huge opportunity to establish your company as an industry thought leader, while also offering other great benefits, such as:
- It showcases your entire company, not just one employee.
- Your employees serve as unofficial brand ambassadors.
- You can monitor the efficiency of your updates.
- Be notified when someone mentions your company.
- Publish your most important news.
- Display your specialised services.
- Reach out to connections that matter.
A LinkedIn company page serves a number of functions that are very different from your personal LinkedIn profile, however the two can work hand in hand together to build up your network of targeted prospects.
To create a company page, you must have an email address from that company. You can then select designated admins to help manage the page.
The next step is to optimise your company page to make it stand out. Here are some tips:
- Make a good first impression by uploading a great profile image and banner. Company Pages with profile pictures receive six times the number of visitors as those without.
- Write a compelling “About Us” section that tells your company story and demonstrates the worth of your product or service.
- Post to your Company Page on a regular basis because companies that post weekly see a twofold increase in engagement.
- Grow your audience using organic and paid boosting, as well as ads.
- LinkedIn Career Pages, a paid feature, is an excellent way to boost your recruitment efforts by highlighting your company culture.
- Create a Product Page where you can share an overview of your product’s benefits, post videos and images, collect community reviews, and even highlight current customers to provide social proof to potential customers.
The LinkedIn platform is constantly evolving, and the LinkedIn company page is equipped with features that will assist you in developing your personal brand and connecting with your target audience. If done right, it can become a powerful tool for your digital marketing campaigns.