Article written by Nathan Todd, ASBAS Advisor, Western Sydney Business Centre.
There is no doubting the influence social media can have on your business, but are you struggling to market your business? You may have realised recently that the organic reach for posts on Facebook and Instagram are currently very low, which makes it very hard to compete with other brands if you are just starting up. So where to now?
If you are keeping up with the latest trends, you would have found that video is becoming more and more important when it comes to marketing your business. TikTok/Reels changed the game for a lot of businesses, and those that made great video content saw drastic changes in both their organic reach and interactions. But what content actually works, and what is going to get you results? Here are a few tips/tricks for you next Reel/TikTok.
- Use the latest trends, music and sounds – Yes this may be easier said than done, but the best way to do this is to get scrolling on Reels and click on ‘Use Template’ and then add your content. This will literally make the video for you!
- Create original content- Be yourself! And if you don’t want to be feature in the video, make sure it’s on your products/services.
- Put content across all socials- If you make a Reel on Instagram, make sure you also put it on Facebook Reels and TikTok! Cover all bases.
- Use text- Make sure the text you use is brief and to the point (summary of what you are speaking about)
- Know your market- This is pivotal! Use your content to find out what your audience wants to see and post more of it. This can be done by looking at your page’s analytics and seeing what gets the most interactions/views.
- Include hashtags- 3-5 will be enough for each post and make sure they are relevant to the post!
Although TikTok and Reels have a great organic reach, don’t make the mistake of marketing there if that’s not where your clients are. Not every platform is suited for every business. If you would like to find out the best ways to market your business online, please feel free to get in touch at any time.